Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 7


Since most of the other posts have been about food, let's talk about fitness today, shall we?  I obviously LOVE Jazzercise.  I think it's the best all-around fitness program out there.  I love that you get a total body workout in an hour.  You are guaranteed cardio, an upper body strength routine, a lower body strength routine, an ab routine, an optional routine (I usually do inside thighs) and stretching.  What else do you need especially if you are crunched for time?  I don't like classes where I feel like I have to go into the gym to "complete" my workout.  BUT I totally understand that it's not for everyone.  You may not have classes near you or the time might not work for you.  I picked up running after I started having kids because of the convenience.  Of course, now I love it and I am completely addicted!  I think the bottom line is that you have to find something that works for you.  The Jazzercise tagline is "When you love your workout, results come easy."  I think this is true for any exercise.  The thing is that you may not LOVE something right away.  Take running for example, it takes a while to build up stamina to love it.  A running partner/group really helps!  I would totally recommend finding a workout partner.  Someone for some accountability.  I ran 4 HOT, FAST miles this morning.  I was dying.  It was soo hot.  My running partner definitely helped me today!  We always laugh and say sometimes you are the pusher and sometimes you are the pushee.  I've been the pusher for the last few days.  Today I was definitely the pushee!

I was looking in the seasoning aisle when I ran across an old friend.  I've not had this stuff in forever.  My mom used to buy it all the time.  It's yummy!  I can't wait to use it again.  It has about half the sodium as regular salt and about the same amount as Crazy Jane.
 I am completely addicted to this stuff on tomatoes.  It has 10 calories per tablespoon.  I just cut up some tomatoes and add a little balsamic vinegar and EAT IT UP!
 I found this at the grocery this morning.  We don't usually eat potatoes but I thought I would try these sweet potatoes that you can just steam.  I will let you know if they are good.  They are 110 calories per potato.
 I've just assumed that you guys know to drink water, water, water.  I found this picture and it was a real eye opener!  Holy cow!  Thankfully, I've never liked soft drinks.  I drink water all the time.  Other than water, I like beer, fruity drinks, wine, coffee, and lattes....in no particular order!!  ;)  Bad, bad, bad.  I usually just stick to water.

Here is some food for thought....

Have you ever thought about what time of day you consume most of her calories?  I know for me it's usually for dinner with my family.  However, I try to make it during the day.  I feel soo much better the next morning/day when I have a heavier lunch and a lighter dinner.  It's hard because I make dinner for my family every night but it's a goal of mine each day!

One thing you could try is keep some sugar-free candy in your purse.  I like the cinnamon discs.  I pop those sometimes if I'm hungry but it's not quite meal/snack time yet.

Amber, I bought some egg substitutes this morning at the grocery.  I am going to see if my family can tell the difference.  We eat eggs a lot so I can't wait to try it on them!

I will leave you with a link to a fitness website that I keep up with.  I get some ideas for personal training here.  This chick, Lisa Marie, is AWESOME!  She is so motivating and her workouts are great!!  It's a workout program that you do completely at home.  Check it out!

No comments: