Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 3

I didn't take any pictures today.  Sorry.  I had my niece and nephew all morning.  All the kids were great but 5!  Shew!  ha!

I ran 4 miles this morning and ate 2 eggs for breakfast.  You've obviously learned that I like eggs.  Lots of good protein because I don't eat a ton of meat. 

I had a salad for lunch....topped with lots of veggies, fat-free croutons, and almonds slivers.  I eat turkey sandwiches a lot during the school year with just a little mustard and veggies but I'm kind of burnt out on those right now.  It's an easy thing to take for lunch when I work.  I also had some grapes.

Amber, I usually buy the bag of salad because they are easy.  Sometimes I buy a head of lettuce but that's not typical.  And, yes, I love spinach.  You've also probably learned that I am all about convenience!  

I grabbed a few grapes before I went to teach my 2 classes tonight because I was hungry.

I taught a regular Jazzercise class and a personal training class. 

When I got home, Daniel had grilled out chicken breast marinaded in some sesame ginger marinade.  I probably had 1/4 of a breast and a whole bag of steamed peas....I was hungry!  :)

Just a note:  I like to eat apples and oranges a lot for snacks too but I am kind of burnt out on those so I've not been eating them as much lately.  Those are usually an after school snack during the school year since they are easy to throw in my bag.

Here's my 2 cents on shopping......I think that half of the battle is having will-power when you are at the grocery store.  First of all, don't go when you are hungry!!  It really does make all the difference.  If I don't buy it then it's not at my house for me to grab if I have a weak moment.  I get hungry around 3 or 4 every day.  It's not quite dinner time but it's been a couple of hours since lunch.  I will easily grab an unhealthy snack if it's there.  If I only keep healthy food around...that's the only choice.  I can see it taking a bit to transition to this.  You (or your family) would have to eat up the unhealthy, processes stuff so you can replace it.  Right now we have a couple of boxes of crackers.  UGH!  I am ready for them to be gone.  I so want to snack on them when I get hungry in the afternoon.  It's just easy to grab them but I don't!  ;)

What kinds of things does everyone else do?  I see that there are a lot of people reading these.  Tell me your comments.  Don't be shy!  ;)  I'd love some new ideas!

No comments: