Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 6


After my somewhat very unhealthy weekend, it's time to get back on track today.  I got up and ran 3 miles and ate a bowl of oatmeal.  Just plain oatmeal with a little splenda.  Here is some oatmeal that I buy my kids.  I also by low sugar oatmeal for them to add some variety. 

I can't believe this is the first time I am blogging about my all-time favorite salad.  It is the Southwest Chargrilled Salad from Chick-Fil-A.  We seriously go there about 3 times a week because I crave that thing!  I don't eat any dressing so it is only 240 calories for the whole thing and it is so filling!!  That's what I had for lunch today!  YUM!

This is for you Gretchen.  I was very thin all through middle and high school.  Very, very thin.  Then college hit.  Beer.  Pizza.  Beer.  Taco Bell.  Beer.  Dorm food.  I gained about 30 pounds over the course of 3 years.  I just realized one day that I needed to do something.  I called Jazzercise in Jeffersonville.  I didn't even know what Jazzercise was but they had a class time that fit my schedule so I went.  I fell in love the first time!  That was about 12 years ago, I think.  I've been an instructor for 8 years.  Here are some picture of me when Daniel and I first started dating. That is about the same time that I started exercising.  I've only been running for about 6 years.  Jazzercise is my first love but running is easier to do with kids.  I can do that at the butt crack of dawn before my family is even aware that I am gone.
Look at those cheeks.  Couldn't you just squeeze them?
I don't know who is funnier here.....me or Daniel.
Look at this one of my belly hanging out.  WOW!  I can't believe that is me!
There you go.  Me at my finest!

Amber, You can buy Crazy Jane at Meijer for sure.  I am pretty sure they have it at Kroger too.

I go through phases with eggs.  I've tried the egg substitutes.  I don't know why I don't buy those regularly.  I just don't.  I was eating just the egg white for a while but I thought I needed more protein.  Even though it is higher in calories, most of the protein and nutrients is in the yolk so I eat it all now.

I read an article a while back that I wanted to share with you guys.  It said that your overall healthy was based 80% on what you eat and 20% on how much you exercise.  This pains me......absolutely pains me because I love to exercise so much and it is very easy for me to do it every single day.  However, I try to keep this in mind.  After Daniel lost all that weight and started feeling so good just by changing his diet, well, it made me think that they are onto something.  That just goes to show you that it has to be the whole package!


I am teaching Jazzercise this evening and planning grilled chicken for dinner with asparagus.  YUM-O!  I love marinade!  I stock up when it's on sale.

1 comment:

missormere said...

How do you prepare your eggs in the morning?