Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 5


My day started with a 6 mile run.  We started at 6:15 am and it was already smokin' hot!  I didn't really eat breakfast because I was so hot and when I got home my family was ready to head out on the lake.  It was so hot so I really didn't eat much most of the day either.  I ate lots of these carrots.  In fact, we finished the bag.  I love these things.  You can eat so many for almost no calories. I also had a turkey sandwich with mustard and a slice of fresh tomato.  YUM!
I had a few BBQ Baked Lays before we left the lake.  

I had a handful of cherry tomatoes as we were getting ready.  I was getting pretty hungry once I was cooled off.

For dinner, we went to River City Winery.  I was going to be soo good and get a greek salad.  It sounded good to me.  Nice and light.  Well, several people got filet and that sounded so good too so I caved and got a filet.  It came with a salad, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.  I love how restaurants make you think you are eating "healthy" by adding a little broccoli to your plate!!  It was oh so good and I cleaned my plate!  I was very happy with my choice!!  :)  I also drank 2 glasses of wine while we were there.  

We headed to the listen to the Crashers play and I drank some beer.  Yikes!  I am just being honest with you here guys!

If that wasn't bad enough, we also went to Taco Bell and ate fourth meal.  OH MY! Don't worry I took some pictures for you guys.  I had a Nachos Bell Grande......  (That takes me right back to my college days when I was my heaviest!)
....and a Dorito Locos Taco.  

If all that wasn't bad enough, I walked to the Circle K and bought some Ben and Jerry's ice cream!!!!  Thankfully, I didn't eat much of it.  It really wasn't worth the calories.  I am kind of an ice cream snob!  When I eat something so unhealthy, I am all about it being "worth the calories."  Some things are worth it and some things are not.  The important thing is to realize it in time to stop if it's not worth it.

Seriously though, I think you have to keep in mind what your goal is.  Obviously, I ate and drank way too many calories last night.  I did well all day and I know that helped (I don't feel bloated or gross today) but I still had too many.  When I was in serious weight loss mode (after college and after each baby), I could do little to no cheating.  It would take several days to make up for a night out like this.  It can totally sabotage your diet.  Yes, I am always trying to push the limits to get in better shape and lose a couple of pounds but really I am happy to just maintain so a night like this won't completely hurt too much.

Here are a couple of seasonings that I just love.  We call them Crazy Jake at our house.  When we grill veggies, I cut them up, add a little olive oil and Crazy Jane, and throw them on the grill.  We don't use a ton because it does have sodium but it's less than regular salt and adds some nice flavoring.  I sometimes use it on my steam veggies too.  
I also had a question about Daniel.  He just lost 48 pounds so he obviously can eat right and knows what to do to make it happen.  Guys can drop 5-10 pounds so easily.  They can just say the word "diet" and drop some weight.  But he had to really change his eating habits to lose this much.  He didn't exercise.  He just changed the way he was eating/drinking.  I think that's interesting to note.  

He and I do work together a lot.  Sometimes he is strong for me and sometimes I am strong for him.  Usually when one has a weak moment, the other is having a strong moment....thankfully.  I do think it is easier if both are on board.

He is like a roller coaster when it comes to working out.  (Hi, Honey!)  He will get in a groove and work out and then fall off track and not work out for a while.  I know it's hard with his schedule but it drives my crazy.  It's just so important to work out and be healthy not only for you but as a healthy example for your kids too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daniel...you all need to move closer to Lanesville! I need a consistant workout partner! Will you be strong for me too?