Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Let's have a chat...

School is back in session for me.  Things are busier again.  Sam is playing fall ball and flag football.  Jake is in preschool.  This means that on Tuesdays and Thursdays we have 3 drop-offs.  Practices are 2-3 nights a week.  Daniel is on the Athletic Commission at Sam's school and he coaches.  I am back to working part-time.  I still teach Jazzercise and I volunteer.  I could go on and on about being busy.  The truth is that we are all busy.  Don't let that be an excuse for you!  Build your workout into your schedule and stick with it!

I have changed the way I've been eating a little.  I've been eating more lean protein....chicken, greek yogurt, cheese, etc.  I still stay with-in my allotted calories for the day.  I can really tell that I am staying fuller longer which helps!  I am also really trying to make my biggest meal of the day lunch.  I feel so much better the next morning when I do this.  It's hard with a family because I cook for them every night but I am trying.

I am still training for the Nashville Women's Mini-Marathon on September 22.  Training is going really well.  I am running a lot and it feels great!  I am running 6 miles and doing Jazzercise Thursday, 6 miles Friday, the Rugged Maniac on Saturday, and we are doing 12 miles on Sunday.  I am looking forward to it all!

We have a group of people doing the Polar Bear Grand Prix.  This is a series of 3 short races (2 miles, 4 miles, and a 5K) that will keep you running through the winter months.  (December, January, and February)  Let me know if you would like to join us!  Here is the registration site.

http://www.active.com/running/louisville-ky/polar-bear-grand-prix--13-2012

The Triple Crown of Running on-line registration is open.  Early (and cheaper) registration is now until the end of the year.  Most likely, I will not do these.....just because I am cheap but they are a great series of races!

http://www.louisvilletriplecrown.com/index.html

You can also register for the Kentucky Derby Mini-marathon/Marathon.  Early (and cheaper) registration is now until October 31st.

http://derbyfestivalmarathon.com/

Sign up early to save some moo-lah!

It's not too late to register for the Louisville Sports Commission Half Marathon on November 3.  I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead and do this one.  I might as well, right?  I will be trained up and ready to roll after the September 22 mini.  The price goes up October 1st.

http://www.lscmarathon.com/

How are things going for you?  How are those hurdles treating you?  Don't be afraid to comment here.  I love your Facebook messages but other people can't read those.  We can help each other.  Don't be shy!  I have well over 2,000 hits on this site so I know you are out there!  Speak up!

I will leave you with these.  I just love them!  ha ha!  They are so me!


REMEMBER:

"If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got."

  --  W. L. Bateman

Ask yourself:  Are you happy with that?


5 comments:

ginmommy said...

No, I"m not happy! I feel pudgy and would love to lose about 15 pounds. I DON'T KNOW WHAT MY PROBLEM IS, but I just have a serious issue with willpower. I know I desperately need to change my eating habits, and I will continue to try. Thank you for the motivation!

The Noble Family said...

Oh my gosh! I'm definitely the elephant doing the plank. ha! I'm in a really good exercise routine right now but I keep thinking about your 80/20 statistic and it's soooo true! I exercise all the time but eat like a horse so I don't lose weight (don't really gain but don't lose). We just started biggest loser at work again so I'm trying....:) It goes to Christmas and although I won't do good all the time, I'm hoping to be a better eater overall. Love your blog! :)

Jami said...

I felt a huge change this week! I ran 2 miles Monday, 2.5 on Tuesday, and 2 tonight. Daylight is becoming a huge problem, I have to run in the heat if I want to get a longer run in but it's also harde that way. I'm not giving up though, that 2.5 mile run felt great and I know I could have went longer. Plus it was my fastest pace. I've also been more conscious of my eating habits, or at least trying to be. If I eat bad I feel bad whil running. The more diet coke I drink the worse I feel too. I've been drinking more water and only had about 3/4 of a can of diet today. I finally decided I wouldn't be lazy and started taking a multi vitamin. I've woken up almost everyday feeling refreshed. Do you know how long you have to sign up for the winter races?

Unknown said...

I am a newbie to the blog but love it already! I have been going to the Y in Clarksville for a couple months and can see some small results. I am doing the elliptical, which I love because of the low body impact but also feel like running some days. So here is my question (and I apologize that it is stupid...which is better for you overall, the elliptical or the treadmill?) Last night, I did 3.17 miles on the treadmill and burned 386 calories. I can do more mileage on the elliptical but still burn around same amount, depending on the program I choose. I also do some of the weight machines for different training rather than just cardio.

Beverly said...

You are such a source of positivity. Thank you!!