Sunday, April 21, 2013

This is it.

It's almost here. We are going to do this. When we signed up last fall and when we started training after Christmas, the marathon seemed so far away. So far away. Like it wasn't real. Am I really going to complete all this training and then run this race? I knew it was going to be a lot of work. A LOT! I never skipped my runs/workouts before but this was serious. We weren't messing around and we didn't. We did all the training. We are actually over in total mileage. We are ready and I am super excited!! 26.2 miles. HERE WE COME!!!!
I like this. Mental Focus 85%. Physical Skill 15%. There is a lot of truth to that.
We had our last "long" run yesterday. (We did 8. Funny how that seemed to take like 5 minutes after our hours and hours of running over the past couple of months!) It felt great!! We are so ready for this.
Mark treated us to cinnamon crunch bagels. He's gonna have to stop this after the marathon. We won't have to extra calories to spare! Jess is so special. She was the one I captured eating it. Isn't this a flattering picture?? Your welcome, Jess. ;)
Afterwards, we went shopping for our race outfit. We have to look good. We laughed and laughed. Those poor people in the store! It was a good warm-up for next weekend!! Here are some pics. The final outfit is actually concealed. You'll have to wait until Saturday to see it!
We LOVED these pants. They were second to what we bought but they just didn't make the cut.
We are definitely counting down now. Jess said it best, "I don't want it to be over. There is something special about the "first." We'll never have a first again." She's right but I am sooooo super pumped!! Come on FRIDAY!!!

No comments: