Monday, September 24, 2012

Lady Speed Stick Women's Half-Marathon in Nashville

This past weekend was my trip to Nashville to run the Lady Speed Stick Women's Half-Marathon.  We were up early and ready to run!  Here is my group...Jess, Me, Lori, Tammy, Lisa, and Paula.
We had shirts made....Women Hooked On Running.  Get it?  WHOR!  Hee hee!
I took some video while we were waiting for the race to start.  It seems like it takes forever to just get going!  
This was towards the beginning.
There were a few guys that ran.  They weren't eligible for any prizes though.  This guy was dressed up as a fairy.  He carried a wand and had a long blond wig!  Funny!
These are for you Jess!  She is an accountant.  She is all about figuring everything that has to do with numbers!

Mile 3....25:21
Mile 4.....
Mile 6.....50:29
 Mile 7.....
We were feeling great.  This was our fastest part of the race.  I took some Gu this time.  I've only tried it one other time and that was during a training run.  I don't think I ran faster because of it but I did feel it kick in after a couple of miles.  My legs didn't feel as tired.
Mile 10.  We were rollin' right along but it was hilly!
This was at  the end.  You can hear him say my name at the end of the video.  The finish line was kind of quiet.  Not like any of the others I've done.  It's neat to hear them say your name though.  I like when they put your name on your number.  People can cheer for you by name throughout the race!
At the finish.  Jess did an awesome, awesome job!!  It was her first race ever and she's already signed up for another mini and a FULL with me!!
 Here we are at the finish line...
 And our whole group.  LOVE these girls!!  Everyone did a FABULOUS job!!!!
Here are my stats:

I did PR which I am very happy about.  My previous best was 1:51 and some change.  That was a flat course though so I didn't know what to expect since I knew Nashville was hilly.  I came in at 1:50:01!  How annoying is that 1 second?!  So close to being under 1:50.  I will be there.  Trust me!


Overall, I placed 102 out of 2911 (This includes the guys.)
25 out of 469 in my age group  (Top 25!  Woot!  Woot!)
98 out of 2823 of all women (I am so happy to be in the top 100!)

November 3rd, here I come!!!  Running through Cherokee Park!  Yes please!

We'll be back in Nashville in April for the FULL Rock and Roll Marathon!  I can't wait!!

How are your goals coming along??  Get out there and get it going!  You can do anything you set your mind to do!!!  You know you can!!

4 comments:

ErinMStevensPHR said...

Yea ladies!!!!!! Whoooo so proud of you!!!!!!!!

danraymac said...

Very proud of you!

Daniel

Granny G said...

Amazing! Proud of you!

Unknown said...

That is fabulous!!! Congratulations! There is no way I would have been able to speak in the videos.