Sunday, February 10, 2013

Merry Christmas to ME!

You may remember this Christmas present from my best running pals.....
Well, today was the race. We were up and ready to roll early!  I sported my IU leg warmers!! 
The goal was around 2 hours. We weren't planning to race it at all. It was strictly a training run for us. We didn't want anyone injured. We have our eye on the prize....the full marathon on April 27th. It started raining as I was driving to the race. UGH! 13.1 miles in the rain did not sound like my idea of a good time. Thankfully, the rain stopped and the temperature was perfect!!! We had a good ol' time out there.
We ran and ran...actually going 13.4 miles. We even ended up placing....all 4 of us girls.  Our time was around 1:55. A little faster than we were shooting for.  Lori and Rhonda even won their age group! Jess and I both placed! See? I came in second and Jess came in third. Really we were right next to each other.
Here is my prize!!!! Oh la la!! ;)
A fun morning for sure!! Merry Christmas to ME!

No comments: